Life is full of special events that you will remember forever. When you look back at photographs from your special days, you will want to know that you looked your very best. Weddings, birthdays, reunions, graduations, anniversaries, job interviews, or that very special first date are times you will want to put your best face forward. Everything begins with your smile.Your dentist can help you prepare for these kinds of events by brightening your smile, making you look younger and more vibrant and boosting your self-confidence.
Your teeth naturally discolor with age, and this process is accelerated as you eat various foods and dark beverages. Blueberries, blackberries, and beets can all leave stains on your teeth. Dark sodas, coffee, tea, and red wine can also leave their mark with residual color on your teeth. Don’t find yourself feeling self-conscious about your discolored smile; talk to your dentist about what teeth whitening options are available to you.Not all whitening processes are good for every type of teeth. Your dentist will know what is ideal for you.
Before you whiten, it is important to have a dental exam and cleaning. The results of your whitening depend on the initial condition of your teeth. Cleaning your teeth ensures that the whitening procedure affects all of the areas of your teeth, and doesn’t leave out areas currently hidden by plaque or tartar.
Because some teeth whitening techniques require time to achieve the best results, you need to plan ahead. Begin with a consultation with your dentist several weeks prior to your special day, to allow time for the whitening process to work. Some people experience increased sensitivity to their teeth after whitening. Starting early will allow your teeth to recover from the whitening process.
A brighter smile will always help you look and feel better. It will help you make the most positive first impression. On your special day, when you smile for the camera, your confidence will show. You’ll love what you see in photos for years to come.Read More »
Dental bonding can make a broken, chipped, or stained tooth look new again. This cosmetic dentistry procedure involves adhering a tooth-colored material to a tooth, sculpting it into shape, allowing it to harden, and then polishing it. Depending upon your situation, there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider with bonding.
- Cost – fees for dental bonding range may vary, but some insurance plans may cover portions of the cost. Dental bonding is usually quite a bit less than other cosmetic dentistry alternatives.
- Speed – often only one office visit is required, and takes an hour or less per tooth.
- Ease – bonding usually doesn’t require anesthesia and requires little enamel removal.
- Stains – bonding material may discolor over time, so patients should avoid staining liquids such as coffee and red wine. For smokers, it’s a good time to quit since bonded teeth will yellow from cigarette smoke.
- Durability – dental bonding material isn’t as long-lasting or strong as porcelain veneers and crowns, and may chip. Bonding usually lasts three to seven years with proper care.
Choosing Dental Bonding
For minor cosmetic dentistry, dental bonding may be right for you. It is useful for cracked or discolored teeth, gaps between teeth, or altering silver fillings to tooth-color. Bonding can’t be used to whiten your whole smile, but it’s a good choice for smaller repairs that will enhance your smile.
Facing dental issues are a fact of life, no matter your age. The likelihood is almost certain that at least one member of your family will require dental treatment at some point, not to mention the need for regular checkups and cleanings. The promise of dental care being required by every family member means that it can be beneficial to have a family dentist who can take care of each one’s oral health.
Although you might choose to seek oral care from a general dentist, there are some unique advantages that family dentists offer. First and foremost, a family dentist treats every member of your family no matter their age. This type of dental practice is comfortable handling any age group, while a general practice might not be as prepared for the young and old and everyone in between.
Another benefit is that you can find a single family dental practice and not have to keep looking for a dentist for each family member. You can convey your family information one time to one office, and the staff will get to know all of you. The dentist and staff will learn about the oral health of every family member, and you can feel confident that each person is receiving the same quality care.
Once you choose a family dentist, everyone will know what office to go to and may even be able to make joint appointments. It will be easy to communicate with a single location, and you’ll grow comfortable in dealing with the same group of people for every family member. Many people appreciate having a long-term professional healthcare relationship, and feeling confident in the care and experience each member of your family will have there.Read More »
If you see medical specialists like paediatricians for your kids or dermatologists for your skin, why wouldn’t you also want to visit a specialist for your dental enhancements? Your smile is just as important as the rest of your health, so consider choosing a cosmetic dentist when it comes to updating your smile. Although any provider can call themselves a cosmetic dentist, you should find one who can achieve the look you desire.
First, consider the benefits of selecting a cosmetic dentist:
- A specialist will have completed post-graduate studies focused on cosmetic dentistry, and will be current on the latest technologies.
- When you need dental work on a highly visible part of your mouth like your front teeth, a specialist will be able to perform the repair while still maintaining your smile.
- If a complete smile makeover is your goal, a cosmetic dentist has the expertise and experience to achieve the optimum results. You’ll be able to discuss your goals, see examples of other makeovers, and obtain a detailed treatment plan suited to your needs.
Once you’ve decided to find a cosmetic dentist, locate the right one for you:
- Ask for recommendations from friends, coworkers, and family. Personal referrals are the best way to get started on your search. You can also research the Internet to read about cosmetic dentist qualifications and customer reviews. Some dentists allow patients to post reviews on facebook, such as here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metrowest-Prosthodontics/358219177934?v=wall
- Make sure the dentist you choose has experience and training in the specific procedures that interest you.
- Visit the office for a consultation, and go prepared with a list of questions.
- Ask to see photos of cosmetic dentistry work the dentist has performed. Many cosmetic dentists have Before and After photos that you can view. Metrowest Prosthodontics has a smile gallery on their website, right here: http://metrowestpro.com/smile-gallery-framingham-ma.html
- Go with your gut instinct in selecting the right cosmetic dentist for you. Make sure you feel comfortable in the office and confident in the dentist’s ability to give you the outcome you want.