A gorgeous smile can give you confidence and open doors in your personal or professional life. A study by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that people with bright, white smiles were viewed as more attractive, intelligent, and successful. If you don’t love the reflection you see in the mirror, a custom smile makeover can transform your smile.
For a smile makeover, your dentist will work with you to develop a detailed plan for your updates. Often, patients look at examples of the dentist’s work or they bring photos of smiles they admire with them to the consultation.
Depending on the status of your mouth and what you want to accomplish with a smile makeover, your dentist may recommend:
- Porcelain Veneers:-Crafted from thin shells of porcelain, dental veneers cover imperfections such as gaps, chips, or stains. Traditional veneers are designed to complement your facial features and will produce a stunning, new image. Minimal-prep veneers, such as Lumineers, are ultra-thin porcelain shells that work for certain smiles.
- Teeth Whitening:-If age, foods, beverages, or lifestyle choices have caused your smile to lose its luster, professional teeth whitening can restore brilliance. In-office chair side Zoom! whitening or an at-home whitening kit provided by your dentist can erase discolorations and brighten teeth up to 10 shades.
- Invisalign Clear Aligners:-Not only will straight teeth boost your self-esteem, but they will also improve dental health. Brushing and flossing are easier when your teeth are in the correct position.
- Dental Implants:-If you are missing teeth, you won’t look your best, and you may compromise your oral health. Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth that will give you a sensational, complete smile.
If chips, stains, or gaps between teeth have diminished your smile’s beauty, consider porcelain veneers. Constructed from thin shells of dental porcelain, these restorations generate natural-looking results and enhance your appearance. In just two to three visits, your dentist can create a brand new smile.
With porcelain veneers, your dentist will erase flaws and give your confidence a boost. Porcelain veneers will look beautiful and withstand the rigors of daily life.
Porcelain veneers allow patients to:
- Cover permanent stains
- Eliminate gaps between teeth
- Produce uniformity
- Transform your image
To guarantee the best results, most dentists schedule a consultation appointment. At this time, your dentist will show you examples of different veneer styles to see what you like. Many patients bring pictures of smiles they admire to this visit. Your doctor will then evaluate your teeth, personality, and features to select the porcelain veneers that complement your style.
Depending on your case, the dentist may recommend either traditional or no-prep veneers. Traditional veneers are customized to fit your specific teeth. Your dentist will select restorations that fit with the size, color, and shape of your teeth. For traditional veneers, you will need two appointments.
During the initial visit, the dentist will prepare teeth for the veneers by removing a layer of enamel and then create impressions of your teeth. These models are sent to a high-quality dental lab, where a skilled ceramist will handcraft your custom veneers. Frequently, dentists place temporary veneers, which gives patients a preview of their new look. Once the lab sends for final restorations, you will schedule a return appointment for permanent placement.
No-prep veneers work a little differently. These contact-thin wafers can be applied to your teeth without any enamel removal, which means they can be removed at any time. Because they can look bulky or unnatural on certain patients , not everyone is a candidate for no-prep veneers.Read More »
Dental bonding can make a broken, chipped, or stained tooth look new again. This cosmetic dentistry procedure involves adhering a tooth-colored material to a tooth, sculpting it into shape, allowing it to harden, and then polishing it. Depending upon your situation, there are both advantages and disadvantages to consider with bonding.
- Cost – fees for dental bonding range may vary, but some insurance plans may cover portions of the cost. Dental bonding is usually quite a bit less than other cosmetic dentistry alternatives.
- Speed – often only one office visit is required, and takes an hour or less per tooth.
- Ease – bonding usually doesn’t require anesthesia and requires little enamel removal.
- Stains – bonding material may discolor over time, so patients should avoid staining liquids such as coffee and red wine. For smokers, it’s a good time to quit since bonded teeth will yellow from cigarette smoke.
- Durability – dental bonding material isn’t as long-lasting or strong as porcelain veneers and crowns, and may chip. Bonding usually lasts three to seven years with proper care.
Choosing Dental Bonding
For minor cosmetic dentistry, dental bonding may be right for you. It is useful for cracked or discolored teeth, gaps between teeth, or altering silver fillings to tooth-color. Bonding can’t be used to whiten your whole smile, but it’s a good choice for smaller repairs that will enhance your smile.
Looking your best helps you convey grace and confidence. Cosmetic dentistry can remove unsightly flaws and give your smile power a boost. The following options will allow you to turn back the clock and enjoy a gorgeous, new image.
Certain foods, lifestyle choices, and aging can lessen your smile’s radiance. Teeth whitening will remove stains and create a more youthful image. For the best results, consider professional teeth whitening, which many dentists offer through in-office sessions or take-home kits.
For small gaps, chips, or cracks in your teeth, dental bonding is often a good solution. With dental bonding, your dentist will use a tooth-colored resin and harden the material with a special light. Dental bonding matches your natural teeth and restores the vibrancy of your smile.
Crafted from thin shells of dental porcelain, veneers can cover flaws and restore your appearance. Durable and stain resistant, veneers can change your image from drab to dynamite.
If you have a cavity, your dentist will remove the decay and fill the tooth. In the past, most dentists used amalgam metal fillings. Now, dentists often place composite fillings to re-establish strength and protect your white smile.
Sometimes, you want to change several aspects of your smile. Custom smile makeovers will allow patients to completely transform their appearances. Usually, the smile makeover process involves a consultation appointment and a detailed plan for changing the features you want to update.
If you see medical specialists like paediatricians for your kids or dermatologists for your skin, why wouldn’t you also want to visit a specialist for your dental enhancements? Your smile is just as important as the rest of your health, so consider choosing a cosmetic dentist when it comes to updating your smile. Although any provider can call themselves a cosmetic dentist, you should find one who can achieve the look you desire.
First, consider the benefits of selecting a cosmetic dentist:
- A specialist will have completed post-graduate studies focused on cosmetic dentistry, and will be current on the latest technologies.
- When you need dental work on a highly visible part of your mouth like your front teeth, a specialist will be able to perform the repair while still maintaining your smile.
- If a complete smile makeover is your goal, a cosmetic dentist has the expertise and experience to achieve the optimum results. You’ll be able to discuss your goals, see examples of other makeovers, and obtain a detailed treatment plan suited to your needs.
Once you’ve decided to find a cosmetic dentist, locate the right one for you:
- Ask for recommendations from friends, coworkers, and family. Personal referrals are the best way to get started on your search. You can also research the Internet to read about cosmetic dentist qualifications and customer reviews. Some dentists allow patients to post reviews on facebook, such as here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metrowest-Prosthodontics/358219177934?v=wall
- Make sure the dentist you choose has experience and training in the specific procedures that interest you.
- Visit the office for a consultation, and go prepared with a list of questions.
- Ask to see photos of cosmetic dentistry work the dentist has performed. Many cosmetic dentists have Before and After photos that you can view. Metrowest Prosthodontics has a smile gallery on their website, right here: http://metrowestpro.com/smile-gallery-framingham-ma.html
- Go with your gut instinct in selecting the right cosmetic dentist for you. Make sure you feel comfortable in the office and confident in the dentist’s ability to give you the outcome you want.