A gorgeous smile can give you confidence and open doors in your personal or professional life. A study by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that people with bright, white smiles were viewed as more attractive, intelligent, and successful. If you don’t love the reflection you see in the mirror, a custom smile makeover can transform your smile.
For a smile makeover, your dentist will work with you to develop a detailed plan for your updates. Often, patients look at examples of the dentist’s work or they bring photos of smiles they admire with them to the consultation.
Depending on the status of your mouth and what you want to accomplish with a smile makeover, your dentist may recommend:
- Porcelain Veneers:-Crafted from thin shells of porcelain, dental veneers cover imperfections such as gaps, chips, or stains. Traditional veneers are designed to complement your facial features and will produce a stunning, new image. Minimal-prep veneers, such as Lumineers, are ultra-thin porcelain shells that work for certain smiles.
- Teeth Whitening:-If age, foods, beverages, or lifestyle choices have caused your smile to lose its luster, professional teeth whitening can restore brilliance. In-office chair side Zoom! whitening or an at-home whitening kit provided by your dentist can erase discolorations and brighten teeth up to 10 shades.
- Invisalign Clear Aligners:-Not only will straight teeth boost your self-esteem, but they will also improve dental health. Brushing and flossing are easier when your teeth are in the correct position.
- Dental Implants:-If you are missing teeth, you won’t look your best, and you may compromise your oral health. Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth that will give you a sensational, complete smile.
If chips, stains, or gaps between teeth have diminished your smile’s beauty, consider porcelain veneers. Constructed from thin shells of dental porcelain, these restorations generate natural-looking results and enhance your appearance. In just two to three visits, your dentist can create a brand new smile.
With porcelain veneers, your dentist will erase flaws and give your confidence a boost. Porcelain veneers will look beautiful and withstand the rigors of daily life.
Porcelain veneers allow patients to:
- Cover permanent stains
- Eliminate gaps between teeth
- Produce uniformity
- Transform your image
To guarantee the best results, most dentists schedule a consultation appointment. At this time, your dentist will show you examples of different veneer styles to see what you like. Many patients bring pictures of smiles they admire to this visit. Your doctor will then evaluate your teeth, personality, and features to select the porcelain veneers that complement your style.
Depending on your case, the dentist may recommend either traditional or no-prep veneers. Traditional veneers are customized to fit your specific teeth. Your dentist will select restorations that fit with the size, color, and shape of your teeth. For traditional veneers, you will need two appointments.
During the initial visit, the dentist will prepare teeth for the veneers by removing a layer of enamel and then create impressions of your teeth. These models are sent to a high-quality dental lab, where a skilled ceramist will handcraft your custom veneers. Frequently, dentists place temporary veneers, which gives patients a preview of their new look. Once the lab sends for final restorations, you will schedule a return appointment for permanent placement.
No-prep veneers work a little differently. These contact-thin wafers can be applied to your teeth without any enamel removal, which means they can be removed at any time. Because they can look bulky or unnatural on certain patients , not everyone is a candidate for no-prep veneers.Read More »
If chips, stains, or gaps between your teeth make you feel self-conscious about your smile, consider porcelain veneers. Made from fine dental porcelain, veneers can cover flaws and revive your smile. Because the porcelain mimics the translucency of tooth enamel, no one will notice your veneers, only your stunning, new image.
Porcelain veneers can be used to:
- Close gaps
- Create a uniform appearance
- Hide permanent stains
- Restore cracks and chips
To begin the process, you will have a consultation with your dentist. Many patients bring photos of smiles they like to this appointment. Your dentist may show you Before and After shots of other cases to help determine your preferences. After listening to your goals and reviewing different options with you, the dentist will create a detailed plan for your custom restorations.
Usually, the dentist can update your smile in two to three visits. First, the dentist will prepare your teeth for the veneers as well as take impressions that are sent to the dental lab. Often, patients wear temporary veneers, providing a trial run of their new smiles. A skilled ceramist will handcraft your porcelain veneers and send them back to the dental office. You will then return for any minor adjustments and permanent placement.
Your veneers will provide years of beauty with proper care. Routine brushing and flossing are critical to protecting your restorations. Make sure to schedule regular checkups so that your dentist can examine your whole mouth and check the status of your veneers.Read More »